When you love Netflix, as much as we do, it can be a real nuisance when you arrive at work having forgotten to post your viewed Netflix DVD envelopes. You curse your eyes for missing the mail box and hope you remember the envelopes on your way home… but then you forget… again… and the cycle continues.
A vicious cycle.
As brand strategists and developers of environmental design, we thought we might offer Netflix a two pronged reminder and advertising strategy.
- Remind – The messages on the mail box remind members of the movie they just watched, and inspire possible future rentals a-la when was the last time I watched Casablanca?. The Netflix logo and trade mark red provide another visual cue, reminding them to mail their DVD, reinforcing the “Drop Box” metaphor of traditional video rental establishments.
- Advertise – Persons who do not yet subscribe to Netflix are reminded of films through reference to different famous film lines. The humorous messages kindle the passerby’s interest in Netflix.
Other famous movie lines Netflix ads might employ:
- Now go away before I taunt you a second time.
- May the force be with you.
- Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn!
- I could have been a contender.
- It was Beauty killed the Beast.
- I’ll be back.
- You talkin’ to me? You talkin’ to me?
Are we missing any?